NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
The Saint Paul Public Housing Agency (PHA) is committed to providing a housing environment free from discrimination, bigotry or prejudice.
“Bigotry has no place within our community, nor does the right to degrade another human being on the basis of age, physical ableness, national origin, sexual orientation, race, gender or religious affiliation.”
---PHA Cultural Diversity Statement
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BY A PHA EMPLOYEE, DO THIS:
- You may directly contact the employee’s supervisor, without telling the employee you are doing so.
- You may also contact the Rental Administrator, who is the supervisor for the Rental Office staff, at (651) 298-5111.
- If you are applying for Section 8 rent assistance, you may contact the Section 8 Programs Manager at (651) 292-6191.
- You may contact the Resident Services Department Director at (651) 292-6072.
We will investigate any complaint of discrimination and take appropriate action, and tell you the outcome (subject to data privacy restrictions).
- If you are denied housing assistance you may request a denial hearing, and you may raise issues of discrimination at your hearing.
- You may also contact the PHA’s EEO-Affirmative Action Officer at (651) 292-6176, who will independently investigate any complaint that an employee has committed a discriminatory act.
- Whether you contact any PHA staff about alleged discrimination or not, you may also contact other agencies which protect fair housing rights and investigate complaints of discrimination. Those agencies include:
HUD’s Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
920 2nd Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Minnesota Department of Human Rights
625 Robert Street North
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
Saint Paul Human Rights Department
15 West Kellogg Boulevard, #240
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102
- You may also contact a lawyer, legal services office, or advocacy agency for an explanation of your rights and help in making a claim of discrimination. The local legal services office is:
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc. (SMRLS)
55 East Fifth Street; Suite 400
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
This notice is to be given to applicants for public housing and Section 8 rent assistance at the time of their eligibility interview.