Waiting List Opening
The St. Paul Public Housing Agency (St. Paul PHA) will begin accepting online applications for efficiency and one-bedroom apartments in PHA hi-rise buildings on March 3, 2016 and continuing until further notice.
Waiting List Closing
Beginning August 1, 2015 and until further notice, the St. Paul Public Housing Agency (PHA) will stop accepting applications for its public housing program.
Is Fraud Worth It?
This informative brochure from HUD explains what to expect if you commit fraud to obtain housing. Click here to view the brochure; click here for a Spanish version.
If you applied for the Public Housing Program prior to August 1, 2015, the following will apply:
- Your name will be entered onto the public housing waiting list.
- You will receive a letter telling you approximately how long you must wait for an eligibility interview.* Waiting time is determined by: the date and time of the application; the bedroom size required for the household; and eligibility for local admission preferences. The PHA does not have any emergency housing. All of the PHA’s public housing units are occupied.
- Families in Ramsey County who have no housing options and are seeking emergency overnight shelter should call Coordinated Access to Housing and Shelter (CAHS) at 651-215-2262. The staff at CAHS will assess whether the family is eligible for emergency shelter or supportive housing in one of the project-based voucher programs and make a referral if possible. Click here for their brochure.
- Single adults who are experiencing homelessness and are seeking emergency shelter can call the Dorothy Day Center, 651-647-2350 or go to 183 Old 6th Street in St. Paul.
- Youth (18 and older) who are experiencing homelessness and are seeking emergency shelter can call Safe Zone, 651-224-9644 or go to the Safe Zone Drop In Center at 308 Prince Street in Lowertown.
- You must report any changes of address and/or household size or status in writing.
- You can check your status on the waiting list after you have received the letter informing you of waiting list placement. To do this you must call: 651-292-6054, and follow the instructions.
- The PHA will contact you annually regarding your continued interest in the public housing program. You must respond to this notice or your name will be removed from the waiting list.
*All applicants for the Public Housing Program must complete a thorough screening process that includes criminal and housing history background checks.
How to Find the PHA
Click here for a map of downtown St. Paul.
Click here for a link to Metro Transit (bus routes).